Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Broken Glass

Broken glass
Shattered dreams
Nothing now
Is what it seems

Heart of stone
Eyes of ice
Never again
Take your advice

Darkened room
Lighted candle
Your picture missing
From the mantle

Stinging tears
In open wounds
Alone at night
Through many moons

You promised you
Would stay with me
And I’m left to care
For your debris

Lighted candle
Licking flames
Burning up
All those names

Scorch the list
Toss it down
Watch closely as
The page turns brown

Ashes flutter
In the breeze
I drop my head
And hug my knees.

Broken glass
Shadowed mirror
Mommy's sad, but
I now see clearer.


~Amanda Martin
08/02/06

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will need to be moderated before posted, thank you.

Family Monsters

Familial Trafficking survivors are trafficked within their own homes and communities by those who should be there to care, love, and protect...