Friday, February 25, 2011

From the Past

Sometimes, without our knowing it, we touch the lives of people around us. We leave a big impact on others, whether we mean to or not. There have been a few times when people have sought me out after many, many years to tell me that they remember me fondly and that I had been kind to them. It's a reaffirmation that my biggest fear shouldn't exist - my fear of being forgotten.

I started this blog because my hand written book was stolen - and I started the book because my Grandfather was taken from us on April 1st of 2004. He had so many stories he never got to tell and I didn't want to end up with the same fate. I didn't want people to forget who I was and where I had been.

Sometimes they're people we worked with, or grew up with. Sometimes they are people we meet over this great invention called the internet, and sometimes they're friends of the family that we meet under heart wrenching circumstances. Whoever they are, wherever they come from, it's always nice to know that we've meant something to someone out there.

Having a mutual connection with someone has been a rare thing in my life. There have been a few, but I'm always surprised when someone from the past finds me and says that they remember me. It's a wonderful gift, every single time.

2 comments:

  1. It is always remarkable to run into old friends in person and to run across them on the internet.

    Co-Workers, friends and classmates who reach out after many years to say hi always make my day too. I've had a few old friends from college reach out after 15 years and it's fun to see how we have each changed and stayed so much the same.

    And then there are those who we have so much yet to learn about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The future influences the present just as much as the past...

    R.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments will need to be moderated before posted, thank you.

Family Monsters

Familial Trafficking survivors are trafficked within their own homes and communities by those who should be there to care, love, and protect...