Friday, March 11, 2011

Bring Them Flowers

Go dancing.

Show someone you love them.

Laugh at their bad jokes.

Hug them.

Tell them how you feel.

And bring them flowers.


As quoted from a recent email...

"It was a hard lesson to learn, but people don't generally give flowers for no reason. I would expect a few at my own funeral, but I probably wont see many in my lifetime unless they're growing in a garden somewhere. I love flowers and I think they're so beautiful, but I hate for anyone to think they are wasting money on something that's just going to die. That's how it's usually explained to me - people don't buy flowers because they're just going to die anyway. It's such a morbid thought that they all buy flowers for a funeral - knowing the flowers will eventually follow the same fate as the person in the coffin who can't appreciate them anyway. What good ARE flowers at a funeral? Isn't it a little late to be giving someone flowers to show them you care?"




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will need to be moderated before posted, thank you.

Family Monsters

Familial Trafficking survivors are trafficked within their own homes and communities by those who should be there to care, love, and protect...