Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Cooking Capers

As the Banana Bread bakes in the oven and I attempt to wipe the flour dust off of my black hoodie, I've got a cooking program going in the background on the television. I think about the times that I tried to cook something I'd never eaten before and what a success almost every dish turned out to be. Then again, as long as a recipe is followed, the rest is pretty simple.

I long to create something amazing with my own hands. My art is only a recreation of a photo I see most of the time. My baking and cooking is only a creation duplicated from instructions someone else wrote down. Though good, I can't take credit for the things I make. However, with enough practice I might learn how certain ingredients react with one another and come up with my own items - if I spend enough time cooking and researching.

I often browse my cookbook wondering what I should make next. I often spend so much time looking that I never end up cooking anything at all. That's going to have to change. The next time I need something for a particular fish masterpiece or beef dinner, I'm just going to go get it and not tell anyone what I'm up to or what I'm cooking. Then again, am I brave enough for that? I often crave and need approval before I start something, or I feel selfish for wanting to make it just because I want to.

Well, time will tell I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will need to be moderated before posted, thank you.

Family Monsters

Familial Trafficking survivors are trafficked within their own homes and communities by those who should be there to care, love, and protect...