Thursday, March 17, 2011

Finding the Dream

At the begining of this project I posted a story I wrote many years ago about haunting blue eyes. I wanted to tell the world why it was I found myself constantly attracted to men with blue eyes. While the post itself was dated May 18 of 2010, it was written many years before that. The day I posted that particular story was only two days before a very significant date in my world - someone's birthday. It just so happens that someone has the remarkable blue eyes I've searched for all my life.

I found his set of eyes many years ago - in fact, it was nearly 7.5 years ago now. There he was, living too many miles away for me to ever imagine the posibilities that have now presented themselves before me. He had a thick accent and was at times hard to understand. Often I would ask several times what it was he had said. I believe in the early days he grew frustrated.

We would email back and forth often. It seemed the best method of communication back then since I had such trouble understanding his accent. Slowly but surely we got to know one another - but even before that I knew I loved this man.

The accompanying photos are from the time at which I first got to know this amazing man. I cut my hair and colored it darker for the Extreme Makeover show and kept it that way for a little while, but eventually I gave up on the idea of meeting someone so incredibly far away - I changed once more. The blue eyed man and I lost contact and I ended up getting married to Mr. Blackwood instead. I regretted it immediately. I wanted to forget everything. It wasn't long after my grandparents died in 2004, and I was in so much emotional pain that I wanted to be someone else entirely. Finally, I chopped all my hair off within days of loosing contact with the blue eyed man. It's been my short, red signature hair that I've been known for all these years.

I never forgot about the blue eyed boy though. I couldn't even if I tried. A year and a half later my marriage fell apart and I found myself living in Gardena CA in a small room on the third floor of an old apartment building. When after two incredibly long years, I couldn't have been more shocked when a familiar name showed up in an email. Robert hadn't forgotten about me, either. What's more, he still recognized me.



TO BE CONTINUED...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will need to be moderated before posted, thank you.

Family Monsters

Familial Trafficking survivors are trafficked within their own homes and communities by those who should be there to care, love, and protect...