Friday, March 18, 2011

Realizing the Dream

The whole way through the terminal were video monitors showing the people waiting at the other end. I was so used to seeing him on the other side of a screen. I looked but I didn't see that familiar face I waited so many years to see. I didn't see him at all. Maybe he was late?

I walked out of the terminal and looked through the sea of people waiting on arrivals. I felt eyes on me, but they would all look away as soon as they realized I wasn't the person they were looking for. For about fifteen seconds I scanned the faces, looking for his blue eyes. I knew that if I could just see those blue eyes for the first time in person, I would know without a doubt if it really was him I had dreamed of all those years ago. Up until then I always had my doubts. How could it be him, 6,000 miles away? How could he be who I was meant to be with? How would that ever work? He was too far away from me and I from him. Somehow I still knew ... but I doubted myself. I didn't have faith in me.

I stopped scanning the room. I almost froze in place. People walked around me. Without knowing why, my head began to turn to the left. My eyes lost focus as it turned and I didn't regain my clarity until my head finished turning. When I was able to focus my eyes again, there he sat in a chair, wearing blue clothing to blend in with the surroundings and other people, and he was smiling.

I smiled back and he finally stood up. He came around the chairs until he was standing right in front of me.

"How are you, alright?"

I couldn't say a word. I looked him straight in the eyes, placed my hand on his cheek, and felt the world change. I threw my arms around him and hugged him tight for a long, long time. I had known him nearly 7 years and I finally had him in front of me. There was no denying it, those were the eyes. He was the one. For one glorious moment, I held his face in my hands and just looked at him. He gently put his right hand on my cheek, tilted my face just a bit, and kissed me gently.


TO BE CONTINUED...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will need to be moderated before posted, thank you.

Family Monsters

Familial Trafficking survivors are trafficked within their own homes and communities by those who should be there to care, love, and protect...