Friday, March 11, 2011

Sunrise

Feb 26 2010

As I sit here on my computer I am watching the sun rise across the world in a place I long to be. The lights outside of the City Council reflect off of the damp sidewalks as the cars drive past. In the distance, gray and white clouds block the rays of sunlight trying to filter through. The dark blue begins to fade before my eyes with each update of the webcam. The blue begins to glow over the building and the reflections of the lights on the sidewalk become harder to see.

It looks like a beautiful morning in Scotland, and I'm not there to see it. I will be, though. One of these days I'm going to fulfil a long time dream of mine and step off of a plane in Glasgow, say hello to Scotland and hug a neck I've wanted to hug for a very long time.

It's 7:01am in Scotland right now, and I'm about to head home from work to get some sleep before a long day tomorrow.

I've watched this webcam before. The last time was in 2006, and I was intent on going to Scotland then. It didn't happen - but it will this time. I've already got the dates lined out in my head. I just need to get the deal of a lifetime on a flight ticket, and I'm there.

Dawn has broken in Scotland. The street lights are turning out one by one. The cars traveling by on this beautiful Saturday morning are one by one turning out the headlights. I can see a single, solitary person standing out there in the courtyard, walking through on their way to some mysterious destination.

When I watched this webcam so many years ago, I once saw a man tell a woman he loved her by spelling it out in flowers on the ground there in front of the webcam. I don't know if she ever saw the message, but it was certainly beautiful and I never forgot it. I'm only assuming it was a man telling a woman. Perhaps it was the other way around. All I know is that there was a huge heart on the ground, designed of roses, aimed at the camera. The person I watched lay them out stood there in the middle of the heart. Something distracted me and when I returned an hour later, the person and the roses were gone.

I've often wondered what happend to that incredibly romantic person. It was such an amazing jesture. I do hope the couple ended up together. I hope they fell in love, got married and lived happily ever after. We all deserve a happy ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will need to be moderated before posted, thank you.

Family Monsters

Familial Trafficking survivors are trafficked within their own homes and communities by those who should be there to care, love, and protect...