Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Spam Diary

And the sentence is: "Screw world peace I want a pony."



Screw world peace, I want a pony. I've always wanted a pony. When I was 8 my mother told my father she wanted a Great Dane so she could ride it home when she got tired of walking it. I've evolved past that now.  I just want a pony. Don't get me wrong, I loved my great dane, and was actually small enough to ride her, even though I never did.  Instead I'd strap wheels to my feet in the style of inline skates and snap a leash on her collar.  She pulled me all over town!  I loved that feeling of freedom.

Years later I got a convertible because I wanted to feel the wind in my hair, thanks to some horses and four wheels under me.  Every car I had after that has been a convertible until the one I have now.  How I long to feel the wind in my hair again.  How I wish I could have a dog  the size of a horse pulling me along, gripping to a canvas line for all I'm worth.  What I'd give to be able to drop the top on a convertible again, tie a scarf over my head and disappear down a scenic drive.  How I long for something new. 

I don't want to save the world or be beautiful.  I don't want fame and fortune.  I don't want some Prince Charming with white knight syndrome try to swoop in and save me.  I don't even want world peace.  I simply want something far more attainable and realistic.  A pony is cheaper than plastic surgery, and a lot safer than trying to establish world peace.  Screw world peace.  I want a pony.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will need to be moderated before posted, thank you.

Family Monsters

Familial Trafficking survivors are trafficked within their own homes and communities by those who should be there to care, love, and protect...