Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Love

Do I miss love?

I miss having people to explore with. I miss going on adventures. I miss having people around that I genuinely appreciate and enjoy. From what I recall, the last time I had "love" according to the other person involved, I had none of those other things.

I don't miss broken promises or lack of physical contact. I don't miss sitting alone every day and feeling just alone every night. I don't miss what that person called love in any way. It's strange... I really did (at one time long ago) think that love was a necessity in order to have a happy, fulfilled life. Blessings behold, I was gloriously wrong.

I'm not sure if I miss love. I miss having love whispered into my ear, but I've not known what that's like for years. I miss being held, but I've been alone long enough to know how to cope with that. I miss that fire, that spark - but I didn't have that the last go 'round either. Maybe I did in the early beginning stages, but it faded all too quickly. What I was left with was a man who pretended in the beginning to be something he wasn't in the end. The sparks I felt were for a personality that didn't exist.

Once in a while, once in a GREAT while, I meet someone and I feel that spark. It might or might not be a romantic interest, but it's at the very least a spark. I like that feeling. I like that surprise and excitement. In fact, I love it. But I don't miss what I thought was love the last time around.

1 comment:

  1. *HUGS* Well you have someone to adventurer with and explore anytime you want. I enjoy things like the Queen Mary, Hollywierd, and that big beach...

    ReplyDelete

Your comments will need to be moderated before posted, thank you.

Family Monsters

Familial Trafficking survivors are trafficked within their own homes and communities by those who should be there to care, love, and protect...