Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Review





I found myself going through some of my older blogs today. It's often surprising even to me the stuff that I have written previously. I am by no means a writing genius. I write what I feel. That is all anybody can really do, but somehow certain authors out there seem to put so much more into it than that. I have never really see myself as fitting into that category. After all, I am an unpublished writer.

Going through my own writing though sometimes I surprise myself. In fact, today I found some of the emotion that I put into a couple of my blogs quite startling. I really laid it out there on the line. I really showed everyone how my heart was torn out and thrown to the ground. I proved that I have an Ogre of a man do a dance all over every emotion I ever had. As I read it, I was stunned.

I remember those feelings now that I look back on them after having read that blog. What I don't remember was writing it down. I suppose the old adage is true. Things do get better with time. The pain went away. It disappeared without a trace. It no longer exists. Until I read the blog, it was not even a memory. I remembered the basis of the story, but I did not remember everything that went with it. Again, I was shocked.

Things have moved on. I have moved on. I have progressed. Life has only gotten better. I didn't think it would happen at one time in my life. I thought I would be miserable. I never thought I would be happy again. I thought I had lost everything. I thought wrong. I have never been so happy to be wrong.

The past is gone. The future is coming, and the present is bright and wonderful. Everything else is black-and-white. My life, my love, my hopes and my dreams are full of color and excitement.

This is already promising to be the best year yet.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will need to be moderated before posted, thank you.

Family Monsters

Familial Trafficking survivors are trafficked within their own homes and communities by those who should be there to care, love, and protect...