Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Equals, Peas in a Pod

Originally Posted 23 May 06 Tuesday

I've always found myself attracted to men who work in the corporate world or wear a uniform of some kind... like cops. I think that's mainly because of how they must present themselves; clean cut, professional, and sharply dressed. To me there is a rare sight better than a man in a clean pressed shirt and tie or full uniform with shiny shoes.


Until this past year, I've always been rather unlucky in careers. I was a waitress and bartender for about 9 years before finally finding the job and position I currently hold, and in my corporate world, everything is run by men! Yet there are no men running around in suits and ties.


I've had a total of 3 promotions and 4 raises since starting my job a year ago in July, and they have treated me well. I now make 182% what I started off making. I was promoted to a high level in the company last December, and I really took hold of the reigns to steer the crew in the direction they needed to be (and I wanted them to be) heading in.


The man I've found myself attraced to is my equal now. It's a wonderful feeling, knowing that I'm self-sustaining and independant finally. I do not need a man in my life to take care of me anymore. I've always been "taken care of" by others, and it's a good feeling to be successful finally. Living alone is lonely at times, but for a full year now I've managed to survive on my own. I could finally be more selective about the men I chose to date, not just take what was available to me at the time and force myself to be happy about it.


We are equals. We are a team. We are peas in a pod.

We're like peas in a pod - but closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will need to be moderated before posted, thank you.

Family Monsters

Familial Trafficking survivors are trafficked within their own homes and communities by those who should be there to care, love, and protect...