Thursday, August 12, 2010

Destiny

No trumpets sound when the important decisions of our life are made. Destiny is made known silently. Listen not for the bells to toll - for you will be the only one to hear them.


I came face to face with my Destiny. There I stood, looking for the first time into the eyes that haunted me since my childhood. Since becoming an adult, I'd only had one dream about the mysterious stranger - until he was a stranger no more. Suddenly he flooded my thoughts, my every waking moment, my every dream. He surrounded me, and yet I had never come face to face with those eyes.


There he stood in front of me, more beautiful than I had ever dreamed. I stood in awe. I was barely aware that my legs were still moving. I'd known that face for 6 years, and had known those eyes since I was 7 years old... and yet he was a stranger to me. I'd never met this person before in my life.


He grabbed me up into his arms and it felt natural. It felt as though I was meant to be there. I knew that it was meant to happen, that I had followed the right path. Destiny had led me to this moment, face to face with the eyes from my childhood dream. I held him tightly and hugged him as hard and as long as I could. I had to pee worse than ever before that I could remember, but I just didn't care at that moment.


"Come on," he said in my ear. "I've been here a while now and I really need to use the toilet."


I smiled to myself and chuckled lightly. He was perfect.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will need to be moderated before posted, thank you.

Family Monsters

Familial Trafficking survivors are trafficked within their own homes and communities by those who should be there to care, love, and protect...