Tuesday, October 1, 2019

I Am The Storm

I AM the storm.
.
I just told off some stranger who said people expect everything in life to be handed to them. Especially pretty girls - and he gestured at me. Don't you know that got my fires started.
...
I stood up in the middle of Starbucks and talked to someone I knew nothing about and gave him a full education. I talked about how I left school before graduation. I made sure he knew I was a human trafficking survivor and former rape victim who works to help keep others from that same fate. I explained about how I was homeless once as I was trying to escape trafficking; how I fought to not only survive, but to better my own situation through hard work and dedication. I talked about how I personally took down an embezzlement ring by myself, how I once started as a phone receptionist and ending as a Director of Sales and Marketing for North and South America at a Japanese company, about how I started out as a basic, run-of-the-mill mall cop and ended up the head of Safety and Security in less than 5 months time. I even told him how I beat the odds and battled against my forced captivity and starvation only five years ago in Scotland.

And then I told him what I expect to be handed to me at the end of every day.

Absolutely NOTHING.

I am the storm.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will need to be moderated before posted, thank you.

Family Monsters

Familial Trafficking survivors are trafficked within their own homes and communities by those who should be there to care, love, and protect...