Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Grand Escape Part 7

GRAND ESCAPE PART 7




Subject : The Enforcer STRIKES!
Posted Date: : Apr 12, 2006 9:29 AM

That proverbial s#!t has finally hit the fan.

What perfect timing!!!

I found out last night rather late in the afternoon that I've been approved for the appartment I want. I just have to take by my deposit and sign the contract today, and I'm set! I went to dinner (kinda to celebrate, kinda to spend a little time with a friend) and came back rather late. I was thinking this wouldn't be an issue since I hadn't seen the man since Saturday morning anyway - other than having to take care of work stuff. (I had to pick up a CD my boss gave to him since he does the marketing for my company as a consultant). Anyway, he got in really late on Monday, leaving me alone for dinner. I never ate that night, thinking he was going to come in and it would only piss him off if I ate alone. I also never had lunch Monday, and I never eat breakfast.

Yesterday, I came in around 9:30. He was livid! Never mind that he wasn't home Sunday night OR Monday night until very late... suddenly he felt as though he had every right to know every step of my day.He also felt as though he had every right to my reimbursement check from the insurance company for my rental car. He snatched it out of my hands with a scowl.

"Good luck cashing a check in my name!" I smiled in his face.

"I'm not going to try. YOU are going to sign it over to me!"

"Hmm... Interesting." I smiled again. His face reddened.

"You're not getting it back until you agree to sign it over to me."

"Then it's a good thing I can have them issue another, huh?" I didn't tell him I needed that check to cover the last bit of my deposit. Without it, I'd be stuck there for another few weeks!

"Grab a pen and sign it over to me. Now."

"Ahh, no." I held out my hand. This time the scowl was of defeat. He knew I had beaten him at his petty game.

"Sign it over! NOW!"

"Nope. Not gonna happen. It's now 9:43 p.m. and I'm going to bed."

"When are you moving out?"

"Ok, it's now 9:44 p.m. and I'm going to bed."

"Ooh, so you can count! I'm soooo proud of you. Quit being a cu#~ and tell me when you're moving out."

Fully dressed still, I pulled back the covers on the bed and climbed in. I pulled them up to my chin as usual, faced the far wall, and closed my eyes. I dont really remember what he said at that point, but he finally left, closing the door behind him. As soon as I heard it slam closed, I scrambled out of bed and locked it behind him. That's when I got to work.

I ran around gathering the boxes I've been so careful to pack over the past few weeks, a little at a time to where he wouldn't notice anything was missing. I started with a gigantic plastic tub high on a shelf where he never looks. I placed that on the floor near the back door in the bedroom. Then I started reaching in nooks and crannies all over the bedroom, pulling out shoe boxes of all shapes and sizes. Some were stuffed with pictures, others with books, another with medicine cabinet stuff, and yet another with socks. Two were full of my DVD's even. I packed those about two weeks ago and he never noticed! The man never notices anything when it comes to me. Not anymore.

I grabbed my deorative pillows he never allowed me to display that were shoved into one of the cabinets. Next out came my warm quilt and a hand crocheted table cloth. All of these things were piled up on top of the large plastic tub. That was more than enough than what would fill my car. It's a good thing I like to play Tetris.

I hopped back into bed around 11:30 and finally drifted off to sleep after setting my alarm to go off at 6:00 a.m. (I normally dont get up until after 6:30). When I woke up, the alarm hadn't gone off yet. I was up and at it by 5:30. It was still moderately dark outside - the perfect cover.

I didn't even worry about my bedhead (which with short hair, I ALWAYS have these days) and just started hauling stuff out to my car, silently as possible. When I got everything that I had by the back door safely loaded into my car, I realized that maybe I played Tetris too much. I had some room left over!

This is where the challenge came in. Bill was still snoring on the couch. I had things in the living room I needed to get to. I slowly eased the door open just enough to slide my body through the doorway. I crept within inches of him as I made my way toward the kitchen. I grabbed things I had strategically placed all over the kitchen over the past weeks so once they were gone they would not be noticed. Then I crept silently back to the bedroom. After putting everything down, I braced myself for another trip to the kitchen and living room. I needed my briefcase and a few other things. I filled my hands and slipped back to the back door again. Another trip. And another. Finally I was headed to the Scotch cabinet. I've got two of my own bottles I was NOT about to leave behind.

On my last trip to the bedroom I saw something out of the corner of my eye that caught my attention - unusual keys. They weren't unusual in the sense that they looked different than anything else really, but the keychain looked familiar in a far away sense. The Keychain had a familiar print on it... Enterprise. We'll Pick You Up. Underneath was written in messy handwriting ...

Color : Black
Model :Mustang Convertible

Enraged at remembering a black mustang convertible following me as I went to lunch yesterday, I picked the keys up and looked at them. Then I tucked them neatly into a coffee can near by... just to let him know. The hidden message of "I know about you" goes a long way.

Then I went back to the bedroom, loaded my car with the new pile of things, and drove away.

I've just been informed that he's here at my office.

Am I being spied upon, or is it my imagination?

My favorite lines from GOING UNDER by EVANESCENCE

Now I will tell you what I've done for you

50 thousand tears I've cried
Screaming, deceiving, and bleeding for you
And you still won't hear me
Don't want your hand this time, I'll save myself
Maybe I'll wake up for once
Not tormented...Daily defeated by you
Just when I thought I'd reached the bottom
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So go on and scream
Scream at me
I'm so far away
I won't be broken again
I've got to breathe
I can't keep going under

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will need to be moderated before posted, thank you.

Family Monsters

Familial Trafficking survivors are trafficked within their own homes and communities by those who should be there to care, love, and protect...