Friday, July 23, 2010

Dreams of Scotland #2

(2006)


I got out of the airport terminal with a small bag in my hands. He saw me from a distance and his heart began to race. I was still wiping the sleep from my eyes when he spotted me, but I was still wide eyed with excited, knowing he was there somewhere. When at last I saw his face above the others, I couldn't contain myself. I began to run and threw myself into his arms. The rest of the world melted away and nobody else existed in the world.

We were swept away in one another, standing in a blank white room with no walls, just the two of us existing together alone. He lifted my chin to kiss me and I could feel the soft press of his lips on mine. That kiss lasted for eternity. When at last we parted, it was only because someone in the airport had bumped into us.

We collected my bag and walked outside. He pointed out the things that I had mentioned before in my dream, this time everything was far clearer to me. When I looked up at his face, he looked down and smiled. He kissed me again and again. We froze there on the sidewalk, holding one another and refusing to let go. People around us looked, but we didn't pay attention. We didn't even notice them.


We didn't let go of one another for the next several days longer than the time it takes to go to the boys or girls room. We laughed, we cried, we shared and talked and fell even more madly in love. We went to bed finally, he snuggled up to my back, his arm around me.


When I opened my eyes, I saw him laying there before me. At first I thought I had rolled over - the dream was that real. Then I realized that he really was laying there before me, sleeping like an Angel - my Angel, my Saving Grace, my True Love. Once more I cried. I wept for joy and for sorrow.

He was there before me and I was on the other side of a glass wall. I wanted so badly to reach out and touch him, to hold his hand or stroke his face, to kiss his temple, and yet I couldn't.





I no longer fear - I know that this is right. This is my path. For once in my life, I know where I'm supposed to be - by your side, holding your hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will need to be moderated before posted, thank you.

Family Monsters

Familial Trafficking survivors are trafficked within their own homes and communities by those who should be there to care, love, and protect...