Thursday, July 8, 2010

This Week

On Monday my rent check bounced
No funding left in bank.
On Tuesday I had no money
I couldn’t fill my gas tank!

On Wednesday I was fired
From the job that I enjoyed
Thursday night I got a call
My relationship had been destroyed!

Friday's here and I’m in a sweat
What else could possibly go wrong?
I realized just now that I
Have held my breath all day long.

Saturday I have plans with a friend
But maybe I should just hide!
Sunday I’m going to hibernate
Stay hidden all day inside!

But then it’s Monday again
Its turn to kick my butt.
Will next week be as bad as this?
Can I escape this rut?

Written in February of 2008 and is 100 true for that week in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will need to be moderated before posted, thank you.

Family Monsters

Familial Trafficking survivors are trafficked within their own homes and communities by those who should be there to care, love, and protect...