Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Heart on a String



Day in and day out
I dangle by this thread
At times I want to scream at him
He’s messing with my head!

I don’t think he really knows
Just what I’m going through
He really has no idea
He doesn’t see it from my view.

He introduced me to a friend
“Girlfriend” I heard him say.
He didn’t bother to clarify
So I sat smiling all damn day!

He told me later that evening
That it was “the easiest thing to say”
My car swerved a little bit.
My mind began to sway.

I told him that I missed him
He said he missed me too.
I replied “That’s a good sign”
But he didn’t share my view.

I feel so like a yo-yo
He has my heart on a string
Will he ever feel the same?
Or am I just a play thing?

Is there to be a future?
Or is it just the past?
Maybe I’m being hasty
Or moving just too fast?

Surely it’s not inconvenient
To want that simple title.
Though I guess I’ll sit and wait.
After all, it’s not really vital.

So there he stands. I know,
He’ll pull my string again
And when he does, I know,
This yo-yo will continue to spin.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will need to be moderated before posted, thank you.

Family Monsters

Familial Trafficking survivors are trafficked within their own homes and communities by those who should be there to care, love, and protect...