Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Inspiration


Subject : inspiration

Posted Date: : Jun 28, 2007 11:44 PM

Inspiration can come in many forms. Sometimes it comes in the form of an old friend never met. Often it can come from those you see every day who do something special one day. Then again, it might come in the form of a friend who was once a child and now a bright, lively adult.

I've been lucky enough to find all kinds of inspiration in a single day.

An old friend and I talked again after almost a year, I believe. James was one of my first friends here on Myspace, and is the only one of my original Myspace friend I have left. His music has been a huge inspiration to me every time I hear it, and his smiling Irish face has been a warm reminder of where my ancestors are from.

Pete was an inspiration to me as well tonight. We sat together on the couch, and as I was complaining about my complexion, he suddenly looked at me with moist eyes and told me in all sweet honesty that he thought I looked beautiful. I sighed, stopped complaining, and snuggled closer to him on the couch.

I met Daniel when he was only 9 years old. While he was in Georgia visiting his mother, I had moved in to his home. I watched him grow up for a year, and though we occasionally butted heads, I loved him dearly. He was a great friend to me. I felt much like an older sister then. I found him today - he's 16 years old!!! He's completely different.

Somethings never change - like James being such a wonderful person; kind, sweet, inspiring...
Somethings never stay the same - like kids growing up, turning into young adults.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Inspiration comes in many forms. Here's hoping you all find your inspiration today...




Smiling faces
Familiar places
Things I often miss.

Dear old friends,
Love that never ends,
These things bring me bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will need to be moderated before posted, thank you.

Family Monsters

Familial Trafficking survivors are trafficked within their own homes and communities by those who should be there to care, love, and protect...