Monday, June 7, 2010

Where I've Been

I've been the guest of the richest.
I've slept on a few park benches.
I've been loved and adored
I've been hated; abhored,
Forgotten, neglected,
Remembered and rejected.
I've been beaten and bruised
My heart has been used.
Kidnapped and trapped,
Alone and relaxed.
I've had time to ponder over eternity
I've been striped of all my dignity
I've been held in the highest esteem.
I've wondered what life could possibly mean.
I've been kind; I've been vain.
I've danced like a madman out in the rain.

But until I knew more about me,

I never knew what love could be.


March 31st, 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will need to be moderated before posted, thank you.

Family Monsters

Familial Trafficking survivors are trafficked within their own homes and communities by those who should be there to care, love, and protect...