Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Pete and the Ring

Subject : He's Going to Ask...
Posted Date: : Jan 18, 2007 3:16 PM
Pete told me last night when I mentioned something about my ring to him that he thought perhaps it was a ploy to hint at him that I need a new ring. The fact is, I mentioned it merely because I've lost weight and my ring keeps slipping around on my finger.

"So you're not hinting that you need a new ring, are you?"

I laughed on the other end of the phone, and I knew he could tell I was blushing. I changed the subject as quickly as I could, and I never gave him an answer.

Twenty minutes later, we were sitting face to face at dinner. I couldn't wipe the grin off my face. At one point it grew to be so broad that I had to grab my water glass and take a drink just to cover my broad smile. He'd caught me... but did he know that? I mean, if I didn't answer, surely he knows what that means.

After dinner I couldn't hold it in anymore. We walked out of the restaurant, kissed goodbye, and he walked over to his patrol car to get in. I came from behind him, jogging briefly in order to catch him in time. I turned him around, hugged him, and pressed my lips against his cheek in a kiss by his ear. Then I whispered to him.

"I may or may not have been hinting towards wanting you to propose to me, and I'm certainly in no hurry to get married, but I wouldn't mind being asked."

He pulled out of my embrace and smiled at me. Then he reached out toward his car door. He turned and smiled at me.



"I wouldn't have mentioned it if I hadn't been thinking about it already."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will need to be moderated before posted, thank you.

Family Monsters

Familial Trafficking survivors are trafficked within their own homes and communities by those who should be there to care, love, and protect...