Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Inspired to Write

Subject : Inspired to Write
Posted Date: : May 9, 2007 9:48 PM
Mothers Day is on Sunday.

Normally, this is one of the two hardest days of the year for me, the other being August 31st.

I cant stand TV anymore. Reality shows are driving me crazy. That Idol show gets news coverage about every time it's on the air... mainly because the main guy is a complete jerk, and the washed up Pop singer sounds a little bitter. The Disney shows are talking about teen girls being jealous of Tomb Raiders "Double D Body" in shows that are supposed to be appropriate for 5 year old kids. I don't want my 6 year old talking like that!!! Adult TV shows are filled with vulgarity instead of intelligent conversation, and bullets, blood, and bodies rather than anything of substance.

I dont have many friends. I run alone. I work out alone. I shop alone. I live alone. I have no company, night or day. What happened to me? I used to be such a people-person. I don't answer my phone anymore unless it's a call I'm expecting. I walk past people on the street and look down at my feet rather than smile at them like I once did. I dont smile at strangers anymore, and I never entertain the complaints of the person behind me in line at the department store. At one time I took it as a personal challenge to make someone smile if they weren't already. I did that everywhere I went. Where am I now? Am I so engrossed in my life that I dont even see the outside world anymore? What could I possibly be concentrating so hard on?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will need to be moderated before posted, thank you.

Family Monsters

Familial Trafficking survivors are trafficked within their own homes and communities by those who should be there to care, love, and protect...